KRC generated widespread media coverage as we headed up the successful 3 week effort to keep the 2024 Summer Games out of the San Francisco Bay Area. The article in the San Francisco Business Times, Three reasons why S.F. lost its bid for 2024 Olympics, is our favorite print piece, but we also generated a ton of TV and radio coverage, including influential pieces in international Olympics industry publications in France and the U.K. We feel great knowing that we played a role in saving the Bay Area from decades of headaches and billions of public dollars wasted on Olympics cost overruns.
Here is a sampling of our media work on this effort:
- Boston chosen over SF as U.S. bid city for 2024 Olympic games – KTVU News (January 8, 2015)
- Local opposition to San Francisco 2024 Olympic bid grows as USOC prepare to announce choice – Inside the Games (January 6, 2015)
- San Francisco “Courting Ruin” in Potential 2024 Bid — Media Watch – Around The Rings (January 2, 2015)
- Group Launches Campaign to Stop San Francisco Olympic Hopes – ABC 7 News (January 2, 2015)
- San Francisco is courting ruin with Olympic bid – SF Gate (December 31, 2014)